Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finley's Birthday!

WOW!  I have a lot to catch up on.  Last time we talked I was VERY pregnant and oh so eager to get that baby out of me.  Now, I've been a mom for almost 4 weeks.  I'm a mom.  It's still so surreal.  Let me catch you up on all the events of the last few weeks.  Let's start at the beginning of this new phase of life...our sweet baby's birthday.

Last belly picture...38 weeks 6 days.

Arriving at the hospital at 12:01 am.
Nervous.  Tired.  Excited.

Dressed and ready to get this party started.

I was lucky enough to have a friend from growing up as my nurse.  Mallory was so sweet and really made the experience wonderful.

After a long night and day of labor, 3 o'clock rolled around and we were at 10 cm.  Of course my family wanted to take pictures.
 Around this time my epidural was really wearing off.  Although, I'm glad they did I was not feeling the greatest.

Last photo as a family of 2.

The next 2 hours were spent pushing.  Although, these 2 hours were definitely the hardest physical thing I have ever done, the reward was so sweet.  At 4:53pm, Finley Cross Steele finally made her arrival.

Our alert baby girl weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 inches long.

Daddy's first time to hold his baby girl.

Already in love.
We are so thankful for God's provision throughout our pregnancy and delivery and the beautiful gift he gave us in our daughter.  We can only pray for his continued provision as we learn to be parents.

Next up... Introducing Finley to the world and our hospital stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...