Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Painting is Not for the Weary

Brandon and I with the help of my family thought it would be a good idea to tackle the biggest project we've ever attempted by painting the exterior of our house.  Yes the e-n-t-i-r-e outside of our home...with paintbrushes.  You heard me.  No spray gun (couldn't figure out how to work it).  No rollers (didn't work well with the textured siding).  3" Paint brushes.  Sure we live in a small place but it was a crazy undertaking folks.  Luckily I have the best parents in the world who happily joined us on several occasions to help.  

Sorry to be graphic once again but as a reminder...
The Before:

Side bar:  Please note the beautiful gingerbread decorative molding on the porch.  I say with deepest regret that it is no longer with us.  It lived a good life but did not withstand the pressures of being transformed with the house.  I hope to one day pay homage to it by returning new decorative molding to the porch but alas now I can only mourn its loss.

Choosing the color:
Our house was painted in these stripes for at least a week.  You would think it would be embarrassing for the neighborhood.  Let's just say on hand it was and on one hand we fit right in.

Painting is messy.  But lucky for us, everyone embraced it.  When you decide to paint an entire house with paintbrushes, its all hands on deck.
Sure... when you get my family together for any project, monograms start flying everywhere.  So I should of known when Cara decided it was important for the mailbox to get a make over as well, she would assign Camille the task of monogramming it.
She free-handed it.  Pretty talented sis I've got, huh?!

The finished exterior paint:
Minus the porch.

Next....for the landscaping.  You thought the difference between 
...
these two are huge.  You just wait for the landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...