Thursday, December 23, 2010

NumNum.....COOKIES!

One of my favorite Christmas traditions...Making cookies with my adorable nephews.  Although we made an ENORMOUS mess and got flour all over my face and Caden's jeans, we had a ball.  
Now for you gourmet perfect cookie makers out there go ahead and holster your critiques, we are not beautiful cookie makers.  However, we make original artistic works that are yummy and that we love.  The only rules are  1) They must be edible by more than just you (sometimes a cup of icing and the entire bottle of sprinkles isn't appreciated if you aren't under the age of 5...this rule went much better this year), 2) If you pick your nose, you must wash your hands before touching the cookies (....Yes this rule had to be enforced this year).
**Disclaimer:  Some of what you are about to see if dangerous and I do not recommend it for everyone.**

Making the dough.
 1st two dangerous aspects...  1:  Yes they are sitting on a counter 4 feet off the ground.  2)  I am allowing a 2 year old to use the electric blender (with assistance most of the time).  Its hard to say no when he looks at you with those chocolate brown eyes and says "I help," or "I do it myself."  Luckily, brother Caden is actually very proficient with the mixer at age 5.
I had lots of help mixing the dough.
 Hands were washed prior to performing the above task and no one contracted any serious illnesses from eating our cookies.
What can I say, Boys love getting messy.

ICING time!
Cope Cope was very excited.  But he had to take a break in the midst of the 4 hour process and my big helper, Caden, stepped up to take the lead on cookie cutting.

 Don't ask me why he isn't wearing a shirt and his pants are unbuttoned...He's a boy and that's all I've got.

 Hard at work.
 You have to watch this one...Before I turned my head back from checking something, he was drinking the icing from the dispenser.  And what one monkey does, the other does...

Luckily there wasn't much left in either container.
Our beauties!
Keep your eyes peeled for more Christmas posts.  I have a very special Cay-Cay and CoCo performance that I will post whenever I can get to internet that will let me do it.  You will love it!  
Merry Christmas folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...