Monday, October 24, 2011

Wonderful Weekends

Now that I am a working woman...Woohoo!...I love my weekends!  And this happened to be a fabulous one!  

Friday... Dinner with friends we haven't seen in a while which included nursery talks with our beautiful prego friend, one bouncy baby girl, a bonfire, s'mores, and lots of fabulous friend time.

Saturday... Paisley woke up at 5:30 despite the fact she always sleeps until at least 6 if not later.  So my gorgeous husband took her out while I slept in...did I mention how amazing my husband is?  

Then we watched college game day and made pancakes.  With Chocolate Chips! 
I was a little low on syrup though so I decided to make my own.  YUM!...if I do say so myself.  It was so easy.  Here is the recipe I used...

1 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
3/4 c. water
1 tbsp. butter
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring

Mix brown sugar, water, butter, and salt in saucepan.  Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in maple flavoring.  Serve warm.  
Be care not to overcook.  I think I cooked it too long because after it cooled all the way, it was more like thick honey than syrup.  But it was very good and it was great on the pancakes.
I totally recommend trying in it.

In the afternoon, we finally got around to picking our sweet potatoes.  Boy was that fun!  No really...it was like digging for gold!  They were huge!
We are so excited about them!  As you can see we also had 2 baby watermelons left.

Sunday was a spirit filled day as we celebrated our 3 year birthday with our church.  The way God moved was truly indescribleable as we were moved to awe watching God move his people to give to Charity Water and be baptized.  You can celebrate with us at www.awakenamovement.com.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend as well!  Try some homemade maple syrup!  Visit awakenamovement.com!  Make your Monday feel like the weekend!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...